Too late or just what the doc ordered?

So I'm 38 weeks...Is is ok to use a vibrator or not? I know if I get an "O" then it might start contractions which would be great but would it hurt the babe? Sex wouldn't so would that?

Blessedmommy215

Asked by Blessedmommy215 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The only thing I have heard is that since masturbating can give you a stronger "O" some doctors say you shouldn't while pregnant. I know I would be way too embarrassed to ask the doctor myself though.
    Anonymous

• As long as your doctor hasn't said anything specifically about NOT having sex, then its fine.

Sex and orgasms can, in way, harm your baby. They may bring on contractions, but they don't cause actually physical harm to your baby.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I use my vibrator right now. My doctor has not told me anything about not having sex or using it. Im 37 weeks as well. It may cause you to have contractions or bring on some braxton hicks but as far as I have been told as long as your doctor doesnt tell you that you cant have sex then you should be fine.
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 8:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2009