How many cups/oz. of liquid is in 1 quart?

And, if a recipe cals for 1 qt. chicken stock and 1 cup dry white wine, do you think I could just use 1 qt.+ 1 cup of College Inn white wine & herb cullinary broth? (It is chicken broth with white chablis and herbs added.)

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 7:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• A pint's a pound the world around.

Two cups to a pint

8 ounces to a cup

So 16 ounces to a pint (a pound)

And there are two pints to a quart,

So 32 ounces in a quart. or 4 cups.

I don't see why you couldn't make this substitution.

Answer by Bmat at 8:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• 8 oz in a cup. I would say you could use that. It would definately give it a diffrent flavor than what is expected of the recipe.
    1expecting

Answer by 1expecting at 8:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• There is 4 cups, 8 ounces each, in a quart, so that's 32 ounces. You should be able to use that. It may taste slightly different, but it may be something you like even more, so why not? :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 8:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Thanks! I'm not very good at converting, and too lazy to look it up myself! LOL. The recipe is for Garlic Soup. It uses 1 cup of sliced onions, 12 garlic cloves, the dry white wine, the chicken stock, a bay leaf, 2 cups French bread cubed (you add this to a blender with the above - I think it is to thicken the soup), heavy cream, and grated Guyere cheese for garnish. Can't wait to make it!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 8:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2009