Has anyone else had trouble with ovulation kits? I get light pink colors, then no color, but my periods are exactly 28 days? I don't think they work for me. Anyone else????

The one positive result I got ended up being two days before my period which isn't possible. I have done them for two months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why isn't it possible?

You may have a 28-day cycle but ovulate later than most with a 28-day cycle.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Thanks for answering. I thought it wasn't possible because my dr. told me periods always begin 14 days after ovluation. So, if your cyle is 28 days, ovulation day was 14. But if it was 45 day cycle, ovulation day was 45-14=34
    kuhly27

Answer by kuhly27 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• No, periods and ovulation don't ALWAYS happen like that, I mean, how else would you explain women who have irregular periods?

....they happen like that for the MAJORITY of women, but there are a lot of women who also have early ovulation, late ovulation, irregular ovulation...I'd go with what the test is giving you.

If you want to be really sure, I'd say use an OPT for about 3 months, then you'll be able to get a better idea of what kind of cycle you have. I used fertilityfriend.com for awhile to track my cycles...it used to be free, but its not anymore.

There's another site I can't remember the name of that helps you track your fertility and its free. :(
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2009