Toddler Boy Hair Cut

My son needs a haircut, but my husband doesn't want to cut it. What else can I do with it. It is very long and he is 2.5 and never had a real haircut, just bangs!

mommyuphold

Asked by mommyuphold at 8:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a pair of hair clippers and I just buzz my sons hair.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• We take them to get their hair cut (3 boys) We just tell him "typical boys coat". It's cut above the ears, trimmed at the neck, parted on the side....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• We actually just gave ds his first haircut, he was about 14.5 mos old. I actually would've waited until longer, but his bangs were getting in the way, and it would've looked like a mullet had we just cut the bangs. So, we trimmed it. Now, we're going to let it grow again. I like that he doesn't look like your average toddler!
    sweetsea07

Answer by sweetsea07 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Oh, what I forgot to say was, keep trimming the bangs, and keep the hair as it is! JMO! hehe (I'm also partial to longer hair!)
    sweetsea07

Answer by sweetsea07 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Let him play with hairbows and barettes. Put a few in his hair. Let him admire himself in the mirror in front of your DH. Your hubby will be taking him to the barber the next day!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• some boys look good with long hair. my son looks great with long or short hair. i try to keep it legthy but not too lenghty. but i know of a boy who just looked better with longer hair. it's ok in my book to let boys have long hair just not down to the middle of the back long.
    spazz1007

Answer by spazz1007 at 3:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Just buy a good set of clippers and buzz it all off. Wahl and Oster both make excellent clippers. Both sets will have guides that allow cuts from 1/8 inch to 1/2 inch lengths. Just run the clipper over his entire head until all the hair is gone. My boys are 11 and 13. I have been buzzing their heads from their very first haircuts on. Trust me, your boy will never miss his hair once it's gone--and neither will you! I keep my boys hair shaved down to 1/8 inch all over. Every Saturday night is haircut night. I recommend you buzz his head just before bathtime, so any clippings will wash off in the bath. It's truly a zero maintenance cut. Both you and your boy will love it!

Tammy
    momofthree61

Answer by momofthree61 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2009