What Is The Max You Would Pay For A House?

Not what you qualify for, just were you say , that is way to much even if you could pull it off For me 500k and up, do not care how wonderful it is,even that is too much. Kind of like a bag for 400 not going to do that either.

mto3821

Asked by mto3821 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 24, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I would depend on the house
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• I just have a low and high limit, while still getting what I want and need. I did kind of payed to much for a car but is saving me at the same time, so that way it is OK.
    mto3821

Comment by mto3821 (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• I'm not sure what my cap would be on a house, but I set a limit on what I would pay per month that was quite a bit lower than the bank said I could handle. I'm glad I did because my income went down with the rest of the economy. For me, it's all about getting a bargain, whether I'm shopping for baby diapers or toys or canned tomatoes. And $400 for a handbag, I don't think so! That's crazy, even if I had the money!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• 250000 would probably be my limit.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• Would depend on where. You can buy my 4 bedroom house where it stands for less than a studio condo in someplace like California or NY.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• Seeing as we live paycheck to paycheck.... not possible!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• Actually in CA it all depends on what location. Yeah there are some pretty high dollar homes here but in my grandparents neighborhood in the North Sacramento area you could get a 3 bdrm 2 bdrm house for 87,000. Not in a bad neighborhood either! For us though it is all about land. My husband wants a few acres North of CA. We are planning to have our home on it and probably will not go higher than 250.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• Wow 500k would buy you a mansion here in texas. I would say in Texas max I would pay would be $150. If I won the lottery I would spend $250K
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 2:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• If money were no object I could easily go to a million, but I live in an area where that's
    not outlandish. However based on current salary I would say no more than 350k

Answer by missanc at 6:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• We were lucky to buy the house we're in. 16 years ago it was in our price range, if we sold it and tried to buy it back we couldn't. Our house has tripled in price in he past 16 years. NJ is a very expensive state. There are towns where the cheapest home is $1M and other towns where you could get a condo or town home for $100. It varies on where and what town you go to and if you are in north Jersey or South Jersey.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2012