What Is The Max You Would Pay For A House?

Not what you qualify for, just were you say , that is way to much even if you could pull it off For me 500k and up, do not care how wonderful it is,even that is too much. Kind of like a bag for 400 not going to do that either.

mto3821

Asked by mto3821 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 24, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Thankfully I live in an area with both affordable housing and exhorbitant (sp?) housing. While some houses in the town I grew up in, less than 20 miles from here, can go for $1 million, there's one I love very close to us for $215k that comes with 12 acres. So that's about the most I'd pay is not much over $200k, because I know in my area it can get us a good sized acreage.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• It really depends on the location. With the housing bust & with TX having cheaper real estate, I could get a nice home in my area for under $200,000. I wouldn't need to spend more. But, if I were able to move, it would be a different story.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• It's more of how much we could spend every month to pay the mortgage. No interest of having a huge (or not) expensive house if you have to eat potatoes each and every meal, kwim ?
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• Where I live? I would say I wouldn't pay more than $400,000. That would be a pretty special house though. Not top of the market, but not bottom of the market. We are a bit lower than that in this house but we have way more space than we need. If we ever move from this house we will downsize and look for additional amenities (outdoor kitchen / living area / pool / finished out media room). A lot depends on the market and location.  I would say the above is my basic limit though.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• If money wasn't an issue, I wouldn't worry about the price, only that it was what we really wanted and where we wanted it to be. I don't need a huge mansion.....in fact, I wouldn't really want that. I just want a comfortable home, if I could have it right on the cliff's in Palos Verdes, or along the strand in Manhattan Beach...or maybe in Corona Del Mar....I'd be thrilled, and that wouldn't happen for a small amount of money, no matter what the house was like.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• In the fabric store had to return defective machine I upgraded and had a choice of just stupid or expensive stupid not much difference between the two except the price.
    mto3821

Comment by mto3821 (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2012