How long after having your first kid did it take for your sex drive to come back?

My daughter is 2 1/2 and i still have no intrest...husband doesnt understand and is starting to get frustrated....Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• It's been 6 months and I'll let you know.
    Anonymous

• Mine never actually came back until I scheduled it in and did it whether I felt like it or not. I never just layed there...I got into it physically even if I didn't "feel" into it. It only took a couple times after that to get my drive back. I think some of us don't get it back for a lack of trying. This may not be your case though. You may need to see some sort of doctor. Either way work on it because its such an important aspect of marriage.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My partner is starting to get frustrated as well with me. He asks to have sex and I would either not be in the mood, or I am about ready to go to sleep. My son is going to be 1 in 9 days. I was wondering if this is normal today after a fight we had about it.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Like MamaChamp Said You Have To Do It. Even If You Don't Want To. My Doctor Said Its Psychological And We Have To Trick Our Minds. It's Like If You Fall Off A Horse You Have To Get Back On.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 10:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• its been 6 months here too... i'll let ya know
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Honestly..we were having sex before the 6 weeks you're suppose to wait after having the baby. It was about 4 1/2 weeks, he was just very careful. We still have sex a few times a week, we'd have it more if he didn't go to bed so early and I wasn't still up with the kids.
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• 11 days... lol yeah... I tookt he 6 week rule the threw the dang thing out the window!
    DiVine87

Answer by DiVine87 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I am completly puzzled about this, I even made a post on another website in a topic of women who didn't have the desire to have sex anymore, and my post got deleted! Lol...but here's my opinon/side. I actually never lost my desire, I was the one wanting to have sex after both my kids were born(06,08), but my fiance made me wait a little. lol. I was dying to have sex. But he was the one who was scared to hurt me. If anything my sex drive went into overdrive after I had kids. And now he can't keep up with me most of the time. Which I find very funny. I really can't even fathom why women don't want to have sex after having their kids, it literally boggles my mind. Not to disrespect anyone...but I think it's absolutley crazy to not want to have sex. And if I were the husband in that situation, I'd be very frustrated and extremely upset. Imagine how he must feel, and some guys would not stick around til' it comes back!
    ShiasMom

Answer by ShiasMom at 1:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• my baby is 7yrs now. and i don't really have a sex drive. maybe due to the medication i'm on. but it doesn't bother me not having one. call me weird. call me crazy, but it's just not something i even really miss.
    spazz1007

Answer by spazz1007 at 3:25 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It never left.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:24 AM on Feb. 8, 2009