Boy Crazy Already?!?!

My daughter is in the 3rd grade, it seems like all the lil girls in her class and others are boy crazy already. It has gotten to the point of where they will tell there friends that if they like the same boy or have the boy they like as a bf that they won't be friends! When I was in 3rd grade I was still concerned with how to sneak my Barbies to school, not concerned with boys at all. For goodness sakes what happened to boy cooties???? Anyone else have this problem? Any advice on how to handle it?

taylorsmommy00

Asked by taylorsmommy00 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• no advice but i feel your pain and worry. my daughter is only 6 and already has a "boyfriend" and she has 2 others after her. OMG
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

•  I am sorry...LOL... but I have an 8 yr old boy who attracts all the girls to him... LOL... and one of them is the principles dd...LOL...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• There's not much you can do except arm her with info. At least one girl in her class has started her period. Info - both good and bad - files through a grade school. Make sure your daughter has facts and knows she can come to you for more facts. Get her a copy of "The Care and Keeping of You". They have a good book on feelings as welll though I don't remember the name. And start talking! Remember, the "talk" is an 18 year discussion, not a one time, horribly embarassing moment.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I feel for you. My 5 year old is already starting. At first it was just the boys on tv she liked, then I got a note on the second day of school from the teacher. It said one of the boys in her class asked if he could marry her.
    irishmaiden26

Answer by irishmaiden26 at 2:06 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I gave my 8 yr old dd a cootie shot, ya know....'circle circle dot dot, now you have the cootie shot!' I am so thankful she still thinks boys are Yucky!
    shebearncub

Answer by shebearncub at 7:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• UGGGG! Yes I had this problem,the last summer my daughter was "in love" with this little boy down the street.I caught them giving each other a kiss >: (..then a few days later I walked in the back yard to find them both on the swing with her sitting on his lap...My first thought was Thank God my husband was'nt home...lol. anyway I had a little talk with her about the things she is allowed to do and things that have to wait until she gets older(minus the sex thing). She still comes home and tells me about the boy she likes,but she understands there are limits with boys.Just talk with your daughter,just don't be too harsh or she will Not share things with you.
    penepooh

Answer by penepooh at 8:42 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• um... last year my son had 5 girlsfriends including twins although it whittled down to 1 at the end of the year, one of the twins b/c the they decided it would work better that way, this year in preschool its the same.
    I dont' think its nowaday b/c my mom tells stories about me in preschool and how I had a boyfriend and we were going to get married and support ourselves collecting cans for recycling. I was always kinda boy crazy.
    My brother on the other hand didn't discover girls till Jr. High, each kid is different.
    (BTW, I still did my barbies etc. but you know they do marry GI JOE)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 1:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My 8 year old daughter still thinks boys are gross. All the little in her class have a crush on her and she tells them that's gross.
    My 5 year old son has a couple of "girlfriends" he's only in preschool.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2009