Did this happen to anyone else?

I had my baby three weeks ago and I feel kinda nutty. I will feel great and do really good and then I just snap and get really aggrivated with my husband and the older kids. I will then tend to isolate. When I come out again, I'm happy and collective like it never happened. I also tear up whenever I see a pregnant woman, or I think about her being born. And this is really weird, in a weird way I miss going to regular doctor appointments for some reason. Anybody else go through this?

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I kind of had those same problems. I think part of it is that when you're pregnant, you get to daydream about the baby, you get all sorts of attention, and it's kind of all about you. And then all of a sudden, it's all about the baby, and you're having to deal with the reality of motherhood, changing diapers, sleep deprivation, and the HUGE responsibility that comes with parenting.

With time, it'll pass.

Message me if you want to talk!

Good Luck!
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 9:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• It sounds like it may be a bit of the baby blues. Lots of women get it after the birth of their baby. Here's a link with some info. on the baby blues: http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-baby-blues_11704.bc. And it is completely normal to miss going to your prenatal appts. For nine months you had an intimate relationship with your OB while your baby was growing inside of you. And now all of sudden instead of going to see your dr. so he/she can take care of you, you are home taking caring of your baby. What you are feeling is totally natural and just know that it will pass. Though if it doesn't or you feel moodier I'd call your dr. and talk to him/her about it.
    Anonymous

• Hormones readjusting. It takes time.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 11:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Sounds like you might be going through some hormonal fluctuations. It takes some time for your body to adjust to your new non-pregnant status. Even when you've had other children, each pregnancy and recovery can be totally different. It's totaly normal and will pass.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2009