**ask your little ones what they see in this painting!** I am doing an 'art for youth' thing at my daughter's school. i will be presenting one artwork each month to 20 K5 ers giving info on it, asking kids questions etc (total of 20 minutes). what do YOU see in this painting, feel free to make comments as if you where 5-6 years old

Stuart Davis, America, 1894-1964
Blips and Ifs, oil on canvas, 71 1/8 x 53 1/8 in
Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth Texas

(so happens, my sister lives in Fort Worth) Hoping she can take pic of person in front of painting to show how large it is. I will be supplied with a poster of the artwork and background info to talk to class about, hoping for some ideas to make it more fun for 5-6 yr olds.

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 11:25 AM on Sep. 24, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Hi fiat! My 5 year old said she sees a horse thingy, a sign, and letters;)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• My not-quite-5 year old said "There's a yellow T-Rex that's thinking about climbing down those cursive letters to eat the "M" that my name starts with."
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• I'm bumping this & will come back to it after my oldest gets home from school. I can't believe your sister is so close to me.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• A puppet and a school bus
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• My almost 3 yr old said a dragon.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• Both my preK and 4th grader said it looks like some words
    MamaSin-dRN

Answer by MamaSin-dRN at 3:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• My almost 6 yr old sees words: especially the COMP (short for computer). And, she thinks the thing on the left is a lizard, not a dragon, like her baby sister does.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• sister on the counsil for one of the art musuems down there- hoping it is same musuem as this psinting is at- maybe can get =some stuff i can use in presentation

i wrote the musuem, explaining the art for youth thing, hoping they will have ideas for presetnting to 5- 6 year olds, maybe some freebies? never know maybe this painting or another by same artist is amde into postcards and they have extra couple dozen for an education program
    - do not know if you do not ask

--------------------------
    ask your little ones what they see in this painting!
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Sep. 24, 2012

• Wow, Dustermommy has a very creative kid! lol awesome:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:20 AM on Sep. 25, 2012