to big for the baby bath

my 51/2 month old is getting to big for the baby bath but i an uncomfortable putting him in the actual bath tub any suggestions on what to do?

serenaxxmarie

Asked by serenaxxmarie at 8:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We just bought this AWESOME blow up rubber ducky that is almost like a mini raft but it sits in the tub and is just the right size. We fill that up with water and put it in the tub. It is by Munchkin and we got it at Wal Mart. Helps baby sit up in the bath too. When we are done, it has suction cup and hangs on the shower wall (although it is big and bulky that way.)
    It was $11.99....worth every penny.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 8:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I saw that today lol and i was wondering about it
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 8:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i would disinfect the kitchen sink, place a towel on the counter and allow it to hang over into the water covering the bottom of the sink so baby's lil bum doesn't get hurt by the plug and to stop baby from slippin if baby tenses up in the bath... just like you would in the baby tub, make sure you have everything right there by the sink and have at 'er... that's how they taught me when i was in the hospital... my baby is almost 6 weeks old, and almost too big for infant bath... so i will have to do this myself soon!! :)
    Tribal_Myth420

Answer by Tribal_Myth420 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• when mine were old enough to sit up i would put them in the bathtub with me, sit them inbetween your legs and let them go at it. makes it much easier than trying to bend over the tub and worying about the baby falling or anything.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 9:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• get that seat one where he can sit up in it and it has protection all around it i think its by safety first
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i bathe him with me in the tub... we've been doing it like that since he was 6 weeks old... he's always loved it... now he's 6 mo. and i just sit him in my lap and he splashes around.... its the best way to do things!!!
    sweetmama8

Answer by sweetmama8 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I agree with jenellemarie, try the rubber duckie blow up. My cousin got that at her baby shower, and she said it works great, since her son is now too old to fit in the tub anymore. But on the other hand, my friend has a 4 month old that doesn't really fit into it anymore either, but he's too squirmy, and she's uncomfortable about putting him in the tub too, so she just shoves his big booty in the baby tub still. Lol best of luck
    KingLandon

Answer by KingLandon at 9:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2009