Question for Catholics

Our 5 year old son has recently started asking lots of questions about Jesus so we are trying to find a good family movie to watch with him that is all about Jesus and his life or the Bible, anything along those lines. I was wondering if you ladies have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What about Veggie Tales movies? I'm not catholic so I'm not sure if they are in line with your teaching, but they do teach so many stories of the Bible.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• passion of the christ.
    Anonymous

• We have the Passion but my oldest child is only 5, he's too young for that right now.
    Anonymous

• Passion of the Christ is WAYYYY too intense for a 5 year old. There's definitely a good reason its not rated 'G'.

I'm not sure of a good movie, that's not one I would recommend for someone so young.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• http://www.christiananswers.net/catalog/jesus-vs.html#children
    Sara_Reyes

Answer by Sara_Reyes at 4:20 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• When I was a child, I received a monthly big picture-book "magazine" which I LOVED. Decades later I could not find it for my own children. Some years later, I tried again and I DID find it !! The series is called Treasure Box. It is for 3 - 8 year-olds, and it is WONDERFUL ! I was so happy to have it for our 3rd child. Check it out at TAN Publications, in their homeschool section. They are not expensive. What I myself did was order all of them and then only bring out one at a a time so that we could be sharing the stories, games and pictures with our daughter for a couple of weeks and really enjoy them before moving on to a new issue. Good luck !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2009