old old was your baby when you transistioned them to a regular bed?

TaylorBuz

Asked by TaylorBuz at 9:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest daughter is 35 months and still in her crib....and she seems uber happy, which is why I haven't rushed to transition her.

But I believe I will begin transitioning in April or May of this year.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• 18 months is when i put my dd into a toddler bed but both my boys were 18 months to 2 yrs when i put them in their bunk bed ( the bottom of course)
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 9:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My son was 2.5....we waited until we felt he could understand that he had to stay in his bed. He was ready because he did well with it.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i have a 2 year old and thought about it but i read that it is better to get them closer to 3 years of age and the docs said there was no rush in it. as long as the baby isn't trying to climb out or anything to hurt it self then i would wait as long as possible (the crib holds them in lol)
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 9:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• The oldest was three- it was when his brother was about due to be born so I moved him from the crib a few months before so he wouldn't think the new baby was taking his bed. The younger son was about 2 when he started climbing out of the crib, so I moved him to a regular bed then.

Answer by Bmat at 9:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Mine is 30 months and I have both the crib and her bed in her room. She has a choice of where to sleep and she always chooses her crib.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My son is 16 months right now and he's been in a bed since he was 13 months. He's done alot better with the bed than the crib. I had to switch him over because he figured how to jump out of the crib, even with the guard up!
    sahm_krystal33

Answer by sahm_krystal33 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• we switched my oldest ds when he was 14months old. he couldnt crawl up into a toddler bed, so we put his mattress on the floor. he was so much happier being able to be independent.

It took a long time before he started actually sleeping in his bed though. he'd fall asleep every where else in the room. :)
    -Leann-

Answer by -Leann- at 11:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My son Austin was 2 1/2 we made it a big boy step. It was hard at first he would get up and we would put him back in his bed the key is not to make eye contact and don't say any thing just put them back in their. I had seen it on Supper nanny it worked after only taking him back to his bed 5 times he finally stayed in bed. The fun part is getting use to them coming in you room and wakeing you up .
    ausleemommy

Answer by ausleemommy at 12:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My oldest was around 18mo. It was a safety issue due to his size. He hated the toddler bed.... so he went from his crib to a twin bed.
    Noahs-Mom

Answer by Noahs-Mom at 2:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2009