did i do to much today???

ok i will be 38 weeks tomorrow
and i got my crib yesterday so i set it up
and then cleaned the whole room that it is in
then i sat down for a little
my little sister and mom got in a fight over the dishes so i ended up doing them
now i got really bad cramps in my right leg i cant walk or stand on it
my head also really hurts hella bad
my little girl also started moving and it made my tummy hurt so bad that
i had to sit down on the kitchen floor
did i just do to much today or do u think it is something else????
i want to see wut other mom's say before i freak big and call the doc

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Activitiy does bring on labor for some reason. I was walking in the mall when mine started. In the future, mom and sister do the dishes, not 38 month pregnant woman.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• the stress could have caused a braxton hicks contractions. you should be fine. just thing about the ones that have kids while pregnant. we're lifting our kids, doing dishes, cookind dinner, giving baths, doing laundry, making beds, cleaning rooms, cleaing the house every day all day...just sit back and relax a little tonight.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• you might have, it is hard to say. when i was preg with my first we moved and i had to carry alot of things and seed the lawn and dig ditches in the drive way when i was about 38 weeks which was too much but i wasn't going to get done itself, but i had those probs too i don't know if it was doing to much or just the way she would lay or what but it would drop me to my knees. but mine went away aslong as i didn't push my self. but if it is realy bad and don't go away or you start bleeding def. call the doc.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 9:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• ur nesting
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• The leg pain on one side could be sciatica.

Yes you probably did too much and your body is probably getting ready for labor.

My advice, get a huge cup of water, take some tylenol for your head, and get into bed early with your feet up. If you are on your back put a pillow under your knees or lay on your side with a pillow between your legs to help with the pain.

I don't see any reason to call the doctor unless your headache is severe with other symptoms like abnormal swelling, double vision, vomitting etc...KWIM ?

Hang in there.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 9:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Oh its possible to do to much. I have been remodeling the house. if i have to sit in the floor for too long my left leg does the same thing.I have gotten stuck in the floor. My hubby says this baby is going to come out with a power tool in his hands. lol. I have not slowed down a bit. I forget how bad it hurts when i do too much so i keep going. we have repainted and put up shelves. all kinds of things. I found that if i do try to walk it works its way out a little and it wont hurt as bad but laying down the muscles wont relax. you will feel better tomorrow. just try to take it easy then to recover
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 10:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• You did a little to much , but right now you are doing what the dr.s and everyone else calls nesting. You are trying to get everything done before the baby gets here. Your body will let you know when you have had enough. When you are very active late in pregnancy it can bring labor on. So just sit back and relax.
    MrzHawkins

Answer by MrzHawkins at 11:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2009