Im really concerned about my 2 year olds behavior...advice please!!

My daughter will be 2 years old on Halloween, so about a month.I'm concerned for her because she cries ALL THE TIME!! She is always crying or throwing a fit. Its like she is never happy!!!. I had my youngest daughter 3 months ago, do you think she is still trying to adjust??? Another thing, she quit going potty in the potty. She will pee on her sisters baby bouncer and just act out so bad! I'm so concerned about her constant screaming, that I think I may need to take her to see a doctor. Advice please...I sure need it!!!

Mommy103110

Asked by Mommy103110 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think taking her to the Dr. is a good idea. It's very possible she is having a hard time adjusting to having a sibling and sharing your attention.  Regardless, it's good to eliminate the possibility of a health issue.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• Uh yup... pretty much normal, except for the peeing thing. It's very hard on a child that age when you bring a baby home. They tend to feel replaced. Doctor? I'm not thinking so... what you need to do is to make sure you are spending the appropriate time with her alone. If you have to have a parent or SO babysit, you need to do so. She's crying out for attention mom. It's very tough on her... the way you handle it now, she will carry with her throughout her life.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• Thank you!!
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• actually, m-avi, the peeing as a form of regression when a new baby enters the house (and they see them getting that attention) is also REALLY normal.

I definitely think it sounds like a normal "transition" period when a new baby comes home.

I would also check to make sure she seems physically okay...doesn't seem to have a UTI or teething issues? Is she getting molars? Things like that.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• Welcome to the terrible 2's, 3's, 4's,5's! Hang in there & when she is older, your can tell her Boyfriends! LOL! It will pass.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• She's jealous. This is normal.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• It sounds like to me her acting out is because she hasn't adjusted to the new baby and is probably jealouse and that's her way of handling it. I'm definantly no expert though. I definantly think it would be a good idea to talk to her doctor about your concerns. Good luck!
    JennieMarie1103

Answer by JennieMarie1103 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2012

• Ugh, idk what else to do to make her comfortable!! Even when I try to do something special for her or with her she is screaming!! Today my husband was home to watch my 3 month old so I told my 2 year old that I would lay next to her during nap. She screamed while i'm laying next to her! She is emotional before bed and when she wakes up. I just don't understand. I take her to the store with me just her and i. I play kitchen with her while sissy is sleeping, I take her to play with the kids at my church. I do all I can to make sure she is getting time with me... I feel the only thing to do is talk to her doctor!
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 1:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2012

• Talk to the doc then! Ear infection. Uti. Who knows.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2012

• yes id seek advice from a medical profession and good luck
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:01 AM on Sep. 26, 2012