My Duaghter is 3 months old and she has really dry skin on spots of her face.

It feels like reptile skin i have tried baby lotion, baby oil, pertuleum jelly nothing is working and she didnt have it when she was born it started a month later so its been 2 months with it...any suggestions would be great!

pebbles425

Asked by pebbles425 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aquaphor after bathtime before she is completely dried off to seal in moisture
    wilcoxamanda

Answer by wilcoxamanda at 9:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• could be exima (sp?) you might need the doc to give you a special cream for it.
    Anonymous

• I am totally with wilcoxamanda...Aquaphor is the best thing for my daughter's exczima (sp?)
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• my 3 month old had really dry skin above his eyebrows and i used aveeno baby lotion and it worked great. it treats dry itching skin and eczema.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• my oldest dd had eczema and they told me aquaphor to
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Thank you all soo much i never even thought that it could be eczema i will look for those lotions and ask her dr next time i go...thank you again!
    pebbles425

Answer by pebbles425 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• stay away from petroleum based products (ie vasoline or aquaphor or baby oil). avoid lanolin too. try something natural like burts bees or pure coconut oil. we all absorb the chemicals in lotions thru our skin, so using chemicals on them isn't preferable.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Use soap at the very end of the bath so she's not sitting in the soap, rinse her well and totally lube her up with lotion (aquaphor) no longer than 3 minutes after she gets out of the bath. That is what we had to do with my son for the same reason. Just recently as his dry spots spread to his legs, etc....we have tried bathing him every other or third day instead of every day and it is really clearing up.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 10:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• my daughter had this, and it was diagnosed as infant exzema.....you just have to use a special medicated cream....I would ask your physican to look at it....dont worry thats there job they arent going to judge you or laugh at you...your being the concerned parent you are meant to be
    texasmommy1216

Answer by texasmommy1216 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2009