Anyone have a memory foam mattress? What do you think of it?

Do you sleep better or is it only OK? Is it hot in the summer?
Do you remember the model or any "special features" they said it had?
Please let me know the brand too.

Thanks!

kaycee14

Asked by kaycee14 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• we have a tempur-pedic mattress, i have no idea what model it was, but it was the best $3000 we ever spent. i have hyperlaxity of the joints, and i have a partially dislocated shoulder because of it... needless to say sleeping (i'm a side sleeper) has always been very painful.... not since we got the mattress. hubs loves it, and anybody who has ever laid on it loves it.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• We looked into them and actually decided on a mattress topper. We saved a bunch and it does the same thing it's just not as thick and sits on top of your regular mattress. I love it, it's very comfortable and my dh doesn't have issues with his back like he did before we got it. It can get hot but we have a water resistant cover on it so I'm not sure if it's the mattress that holds heat or the cover. Ours is a Serta and we bought 2 of them from Overstock.com
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Ok - weird question - do they (the matress or the topper) smell funny? DH got a tempurpedic pillow and there was this horrible chemical/plasticy smell that just wafted off the thing for weeks.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:12 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Yes, they stink for a week or so. We just got a memory foam topper, its about 3 inches thick, and it stunk horribly for a while! It is soo comfy though!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I have a sleep number bed, but I have memory foam pillows and yes they stunk for a while.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I purchased an egg-crate pattern memory foam topper. I was a cheaper alternative to the tempurpedic mattress. It is sooooooo comfortable. I would recommend a mattress topper and invest in a higher-count cotton sheet. The higher the count the softer! They also stay cool to the touch, No Hang Nails!!!
    snaprcat1

Answer by snaprcat1 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Hi! We love our memory foam mattress... after a few changes... We bought ours online from bedinabox dot com. We bought their top of the line (at the time) set in a Cal King and were surprised to find it was too firm for us... we called them and then shipped us, the feather top (check out there website to understand all this!! ;) which we still felt was too firm... What we ended up doing was putting our old memory foam topper, that we had with our old mattress, on top of the new mattress w/ the feather topper, ohhh heaven! It's calling me now! It may sound like a lot of hassle for a new mattress set, but at 1/3... yes 1/3 or LESS, of the cost of the in town mattress store, I'll deal with it! The company is very easy to deal with, here in US and has a money back guarantee... it's worth checking into! OH, and on the stink... our topper stunk more than the mattress... go figure! =)
    Momma2MyMonkeys

Answer by Momma2MyMonkeys at 1:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Ours is never stunk since the first day but I forgot what our brand is. We've had it for almost 6 months, DH thought it's good since it feels firmer than spring mattress because it forms your body. I kinda feel like sleeping in the cloud, very relaxing to me.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 2:09 AM on Mar. 13, 2009