What is the best age range between children?

What do you think is the ideal amount of time to have in between children?

MrsAce150

Asked by MrsAce150 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• IMO, about 2 years
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• mine are 5 1/2 yrs apart and i love it .my 6 yr old is very helpful and understanding if i am doing something with the baby .i baby sit a lil girl who is 2 and i have my 8month old and theya re just way to close for me i hate ot .the two yr old still needs ur attention and dont understand that the baby does to .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• When I had my children, 30 years ago, the "experts" at the time said three years apart, so we did that and it worked fine. They were close enough in age to play together, and far enough apart to get plenty of attention at their young ages. It also meant that they had only one year overlap in college- only one year where we were paying for two in college.

Answer by Bmat at 9:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My oldest two are almost 3 years apart. They are pretty close and don't fight much at all. My oldest was so happy to help me with every thing when I had his little brother. LOL. I'm pregnant now, due in July, so my oldest will be almost 10 years older than the new baby, and my younger son is 6. I think its a good range.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i think 2-3 yrs is best...but i only have one and shes almost 5....so what do i know..lol..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Mine are 5 years 2 months apart and it works out very well for us.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i think a solid 20 years apart seems reasonalble. As you might of guess I have one now and thats all i want.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2009