baby food now...

My LO is 11 weeks old, and we decided to give her few "tastes" of baby food lastnight, we chose banana because I figured she might like it better, and she LOVED it, so I was wondering if it would be okay to give her a few spoons of baby food a few times a week. It didn't do anything harmful to her bowels... she had her regular movements...so I'm thinking it might be okay. Alot of my friends started their babies on food early and they are all fine, but we are all new mommies... so I was just wondering what everyone thinks, or even if you all know any facts about it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 11wks? I think you are a troll cuz no mother in their right mind you do that.
    Anonymous

• i personally waited to give mine food until four months but i know alot of people who did give food early and nothing happen to their kids but they say wait because of allergic reactions and stuff .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• That is really early to start with foods....
    Anonymous

• to tell u the truth about that i have a 6 month old and i just found out that when you give your baby food that is sweet then they wont eat the rest of the food i even asked my baby's doctor about it to and she said the same thing that to do that it is too early and when you did fruit then don't be surprised if she or he will not eat anything else ok shelley
    shelleydawn554

Answer by shelleydawn554 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Not a good idea.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't start fruit that early but rice cereal is ok.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• No food at that age is a good idea, not even rice cereal. The American Association of Pediatrics, as well as the World Health Organization both advise no food before six months, and there are good reasons for this.

http://www.aap.org/advocacy/releases/infantnutrition.htm

Your baby is only a baby for a short time. Why rush them into growing up so fast?

There's no nutritional need for food before age 1. Their main source of nutrition should come from breastmilk/formula until then.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 1:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I would NOT feed baby food, especially fruit, that young. My son was 6 months before we gave him anything but breastmilk. Hold off, it;s better for them in the long run
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 2:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• my ped said to start orange veggies around that age so i think it just depends how your baby handles it...it depends on their weight too and how they can support their head. alot of moms are against it though.
    Anonymous