Does anyone know anything about "rosicrucian"?

is it a religion? a cult? what is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• www.rosicrucian.org
    The Official Worldwide Website of the Rosicrucians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosicrucian
    Anonymous

• I read that but it really doesn't say much. I want to know if anyone actually has first hand knowledge as to what it is. I want to know if anyone has heard if this is a cult disguise as something else. I really appreciate this. it is very important to me.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like someone trying to make money. It's spin offs of different believes and religions, spun in nice and fancy words. JMO
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• It is a spiritual slant on Christianity. And just like other understandings of Christianity, many people take up its insights. I bet there is an Illuminati group which works with some of its wisdom, but don't brand rosicrucianism according to what a few people do with it. The Mafia are devoutly Catholic and I wouldn't say that Catholicism is criminal & murderous because of that. ... Christian Rosenkreuz was a leading figure who developed insight into wisdom - just like St. Paul, or perhaps Luther, and many people have studied this wisdom. Since it deals with reality, the ideas are complex and a brief glance at these ideas will be misleading. Imagine that a person who has never encountered electricity sees a list of ideas about nuclear power, or even television - they would consider it insane or perhaps "magic of the devil", because they are unfamiliar with the basics of this reality.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• A cult is a gathering of people which calls for the members to give up their individuality or their free will - WHATEVER the belief system is about. Heck, environmentalism has become cultish for some groups - even fascist if they try to force others to follow their rules. AND this global warming (oh, excuse me, "climate change", now that it's obvious we DON'T have warming) - is so fascist a cult that it is feverishly imposing regulations and "fees" GLOBALLY ! People are not even "giving up" their free will - it is being stripped from them ! ... back to "cult": Rosicrucian spiritual insights are not cultish - quite the opposite, actually, since the individual is held in the highest respect as you can see in the US Constitution. But one or another group which takes up the study of this wisdom could go cultish, just like some college fraternities go, because some leader gets power-hungry and likes dominating those around him.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I ask because my cousin committed suicide and going through all his stuff the only new/change in his life is that as of october he had being doing this "rosicrucian" we found books, websites, notes all about this.
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry for your cousin and his family. Hold good thoughts for him, remembering what you loved about him, remembering his happy times, etc. ... It seems like the only way to understand about how this new interest of his might have influenced him would be to meet any people he started to associate with (or talk with on the computer) ... Rosicrucianism - the TRUE stuff rather than someone's sensational hype using it - is exactly like other religious information. How one applies it to one's life is exactly the same as how one would apply Judaism or Catholicism which one started to study. ... Best wishes.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• thank you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2009