Does anyone know anything about "rosicrucian"?

is it a religion? a cult? what is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no idea. Ask Google?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• yeah i did. but i want first hand experience on it. I found some stuff on google but nothing concrete. I want to know if it's a cult disguise as something else.
    Anonymous

• I dont have any first hand experience, but from what I have heard, it has to do with satanic worship, new world order crap. Illuminati. But again, that's just what I have heard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• found the site, but not familiar at all w/ it.

http://www.rosicrucian.org/
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 1:13 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It is a spiritual slant on Christianity. And just like other understandings of Christianity, many people take up its insights. I bet there is an Illuminati group which works with some of its wisdom, but don't brand rosicrucianism according to what a few people do with it. The Mafia are devoutly Catholic and I wouldn't say that Catholicism is criminal & murderous because of that. ... Christian Rosenkreuz was a leading figure who developed insight into wisdom - just like St. Paul, or perhaps Luther, and many people have studied this wisdom. Since it deals with reality, the ideas are complex and a brief glance at these ideas will be misleading. Imagine that a person who has never encountered electricity sees a list of ideas about nuclear power, or even television - they would consider it insane or perhaps "magic of the devil", because they are unfamiliar with the basics of this reality.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• A cult is a gathering of people which call for the members to give up their individuality or their free will - WHATEVER the belief system is about. Heck, environmentalism has become cultish for some groups - even fascist if they try to force others to follow their rules. AND this global warming (oh, excuse me, "climate change", now that it's obvious we DON'T have warming) - is so fascist a cult that it is feverishly imposing regulations and "fees" GLOBALLY ! People are not even "giving up" their free will - it is being stripped from them ! ... back to "cult": Rosicrucian spiritual insights are not cultish - quite the opposite, actually, since the individual is held in the highest respect as you can see in the US Constitution. But one or another group which takes up the study of this wisdom could go cultish, just like some college fraternities go, because some leader gets power-hungry and likes dominating those around him.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I ask because my cousin committed suicide and going through all his stuff the only new/change in his life is that as of october he had being doing this "rosicrucian" we found books, websites, notes all about this.
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry for your cousin and his family. Hold good thoughts for him, remembering what you loved about him, remembering his happy times, etc. ... It seems like the only way to understand about how this new interest of his might have influenced him would be to meet any people he started to associate with (or talk with on the computer) ... Rosicrucianism - the TRUE stuff rather than someone's sensational hype using it - is exactly like other religious information. How one applies it to one's life is exactly the same as how one would apply Judaism or Catholicism which one started to study. ... Best wishes.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2009