Birthday present for my daughter....Leap Pad or Ipod?

My daughter's birthday is coming up and I'm not sure what to get her. We would like to get her an I pod or the Leap pad. I wasn't sure which will be better and I also don't know what kind to get. She will be seven. Any information would be great. Thanks

Trinitysmom1205

Asked by Trinitysmom1205 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2012 in Holidays

• Kindle Fire is now $159 on amazon and you can put books and games on it. I'm not sure what a Leap Pad does, but I know iPod can get pricey.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2012

• I would go with an iPod or like QM suggested the Kindle Fire. My son is 7 and hasn't touched his Leap Pad in a couple of years.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2012

• meooma, I am guessing she is talking about iPod Touch, which can do pretty much everything but make phone calls (unless there is an app for that). From what I gather it's like an iPhone without the phone option.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2012

• I would go with the Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet. You can put books and educational games on them. I'm thinking of getting my daughter the same thing next year for Christmas.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 11:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2012

• Thank you everyone! I would never have thought of the Kindle Fire, as I don't even have one. I think this would be a great gift for her and then mom can use it too.
    Trinitysmom1205

Comment by Trinitysmom1205 (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2012

• How old is she? That would matter to my answer lol Anything over age 6 or 7 is too old for the leap pad, but I still dont think an 7 or 8 year old needs an Ipod. The Kindle might be a good idea though.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2012

• how old is she? we are getting our 11 yr old a Ipod touch for Christmas...
    and Ipad is an idea she can get books on it too and also do other things...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• Leap pad is kinda limited. Maybe a kindle would be better.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2012