Anyone know why this is happening? Weird, maybe TMI or something..

But last night I was dreaming that my hubby and I were having sex and it was feeling great and I was I guess about to climax when I wake up because my uterus is tightening. I put my hands down on my uterus and it feels like a rock! When normally I cannot feel it at all. I would even say it felt like I was having a braxton hicks contraction, but I'm only 17 weeks.. o.O It has happened before when I was dreaming also. Anyone know what is going on? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When you climax, your uterus contracts. That's probably what happened. Not abnormal to have sex dreams during pregnancy that lead to climax.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 10:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• It's not abnormal, that happened to you because your body reacting to the dream. When your awake and have sex, afterwards your uterus contracts because of the climax so it wouldn't be weird for your body to do it when your sleeping.
    MrzHawkins

Answer by MrzHawkins at 11:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• you know, i read up on braxton hicks contractions and found out that you actually have them all through your pregnancy but just don't notice them most of the time. i did notice mine because, with my first, i would describe it as my baby "balling up" inside me. . . then it hit me. . . those were little, painless contractions. . . and that was at, like, 18 weeks or so (and it wasn't just during an orgasm, haha). i read that these contractions throughout the pregnancy basically help the uterus to "grow." anyway. i thought that was a cool tidbit of info so i thought i'd share.
    rachelo

Answer by rachelo at 11:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• OP here...the weird thing is...it DOESN'T happen when I am awake and climax...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It could have been an orgasm or it could have been a contraction... either way -good dream, huh?? :)
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 1:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2009