Success in the toddler pickiness department!

OK DD is super picky, but it is completely random. Sometimes she just refuses to try things (even though she has eaten them and loved them before). I have started not giving her a second choice ( I was making 2 separate dinners for a while there). If she doesn't eat it, she doesn't eat until the next meal. Well, she wasn't like what I made her for lunch but I made her sit in her chair anyways. After 30 minutes, she finally decided she better eat it. She ate vegetables, and tried something new!!!! Guess this is how I have to do it, leave her up there and ignore her, she will give in and eat.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 9:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Woohoo! Sounds like you found a plan.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2012

• :) good job!

my kid did pretty good at lunch- ate everything. it was hummus, string cheese and ham. nothing too bad.

She didn't touch the brussel sprouts at dinner though
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2012

• I am going to try this! It might get ugly, but I have a mop and a helpful doggie
    to catch anything she chucks over the side. Lol!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2012

• LOL, well I have to scratch the veggie part. I went to get her because her plate was empty, but I am pretty sure 3/4 of the carrots were in her mouth. She chewed them up but refused to swallow them. Oh well, chewing them is progress right?

Tessie, I would mind so much if we didn't have to give our dog away when we moved here, but now that we no longer have a dog I HATE when she dumps her food. I don't have a built in vacuum anymore. Though with the dog, she would end up feeding her half of her food anyways, because she thought it was funny to reach down with a handful of food and have the dog lick her.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2012

• My dog has become a MAJOR mooch now that dd is sharing dinner! I would be lost without my furry Hoover though. I'm bummed for you that you couldn't bring yours with you. :( Before you know it though, our kids will be eating up whatever doesn't bite them first, like my big kid! Lol!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2012