Mom of Octuplets seeking $2M from media interviews and commercials!?!

This woman, Nadya Suleman, just gave birth to 8 babies from her IV fertilization, and has 6 more babies at home. The woman has already received over $165K from gov. disability pay, not to mention educational grants, and also money from her parents. Now, she wants to sell her story to support all of those 14 kids!!! Her OWN mother thinks she needs mental evaluation!

Doesn't this seem like child abuse already? This woman seems more and more unstable. When DOES child services take a hard look at this mother and her ability to care for these children? Why is this played out to be some heroic event of having 8 babies?!?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article5627531.ece

p.s. I don't even want to hear the "why do you care, it is none of your business" lines. Her going PUBLIC and SEEKING money MAKES it my business!!!

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 11:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Dude seriously this whole subject is soooooo played out already, who in the heck cares what she is doing its not anyones business or problem
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• who cares? um...I do. She is raising 14 babies by herself. One of which is autistic. She plots ways to get money to support her insane greed! These poor kids are our future and all you can say is 'who cares' or 'not our problem'??

Dare I say, where is her and her doctor's accountability? why would a doctor implant 8 embryos into someone who has been claiming disability for a bad back for 7 years??? just wondering, because I'm no doctor, but I'd assume that carrying 8 babies would be a HUGE risk to her health and bad back. then what? something happens to her and her 6 children at home are totally without parents???!!!???

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• It is our business and problem when she is bringing humans into this world that she can not afford and is already getting government aid!!!!!!!!! I go to wok and pay taxes for this "aid". I believe you should only have as many children as YOU can afford. (without exploiting them).
    Anonymous

• i totally agree w/ you thundernlight. this woman whines about being pestered and attacked by the media and general public when she is putting herself out there by going to interviews and crap. personally i think she is abusing her reproductive responsibilities in this case. 6 kids who need their mommy, she purposely pays a doctor to take her eggs, fertilize them all and put them back, when she has little to no plan on how to financially provide for all these little ones for the first 20 years of their lives. who the hell is watching all 14 of her kids while she's getting a degree? i can't even get more than a couple of uninterrupted hours on the computer a day with ONE kid! she cries victimization because she's single, how clouded can your reasoning get? honestly i don't care about her at all, i care about all those innocent babies who are going to grow up under her lack of discipline.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 11:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Didn't we discuss this subject to death already? Of course she needs mental evaluation. She's a freak. I defended her at first, but now I think she's a bit odd. BUT at least she's not applying for welfare. People will pay for her story because the pop culture thinks stuff like that is cool (weirdo freaks of nature that is). I just hope she's mentally stable enough to be a good mother to those kids.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Is she getting government assistance? I stopped paying attention. Sorry if I mis-spoke in my first response.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't pay a dime to hear what she has to say. I don't want 14 kids, and how she managed to pay for all the IVF is probably the only that thing she has that is even remotely interesting.

I feel bad for the kids.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:01 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• ""I believe you should only have as many children as YOU can afford. (without exploiting them). ""

What about those huge TV families that have 10, 11, 14 kids?? You know those reality type shows. Do you believe that those HUGE families aren't raking in a few dollars by being on TV? Do you complain about them? O! I know...it's OK so long as there is a male presence...then alls right with the world. Anytime a woman gives birth to a load of kids at one time...she gets loads of offers..commercials, interviews, freebies, etc. So what? Better that than welfare! I wish her all the luck in the world...and you gotta bet your last miserly tax-dollar that Social Services will be checking up on her, whether she knows it or not.
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 12:03 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• OMG here we go again with the whole "she is on gov, aid, so its my business". Oh please if that were the case then I suggest you drive down to your local county aid office and sit out front and make sure that everyone there is doing there job the right way because God forbid someone might get assistance that you don't think should, because they just shouldn't of had those kids to begin with. Oh BTW where is it that said she IS on gov aid? Maybe medical big deal, its not like you get top notch treatment if you have it and oh FYI Kaiser doesn't take straight Medical.

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• you're right! most if not all people who go on reality tv do it to get some money out of it but knowing how bad the economy is she should have thought a little more about the six children she already had and how she would take care of those children...I do wish her all the luck in the world mainly because of children but I do see it a selfish act...I have a toddler and I'm dying to have another and when I'm in a better time financially I will...but for now why would I want to rob my daughter from money to buy her a new dress because I have to buy more diapers...or from time away from her to work some overtime to make ends meet...idk...i just dont think she has kid's interest at heart...maybe she does...who knows..
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 12:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2009