acne!!!!! (help)

My skin is very oily and I break out really bad around the time of my cycle. I also have kinda dark circles under my eyes- are there any cheap way's to help these issues?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• The clearsal acne scrub works very well.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• start by changing your diet close to your cycle - the more processed foods you eat the more you will break out - include more fruits and veggies - fresh organic if you can - makes a world of difference to your skin
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 12:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i know this sounds gross but sprem is very good for acne! so just have your man whip it out I'm sure he wouldn't mind given ya a sample! how I know this random tid bit I have no idea! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Are you using a skin care program? You should be using a Cleanser, Toner, Day Moisture Cream with SPF 15 and a Night Moisture Cream. Also, a daily facial scrub that you can also use as a Mask. These products should say for oily skin. Feel free to contact me.
    Luv4Jafra

Answer by Luv4Jafra at 10:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Drink TONS of water to flush out toxins and impurities. I think the more toner, cleanser, lotions and scrubs irritate skin and I've seen countless dermatologists. No offense to the above poster but w/ oily skin you have to be careful. Eating right with lots of water is a start. If you can get your primary care doc to write a low dose of tetracycline you could try that, not that drugs are the best way to go. Dark circles are hard, I don't know.
    Anonymous

• for dark circles under the eye. dab a little bit of preparation H on it! I know it sounds ridiculous but my dad told me it works and i tried it and now i do it everytime im going somewhere important
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 7:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• You shouldn't use a scrub when you have acne, or at least not on that area of your face.

I would recommend a mask to keep your pores clean.

I have taken low dose antibiotics for acne but it was because I was getting cysts that would last more than 1 week.
    If you are constipated towards the end of your cycle you might want to consider taking something that week to help you stay regular. It can have a huge impact on your face.

You can overdo looking after your face if you are not careful. The biggest thing is to keep your pores clean, which means you want to avoid products with mineral oil. Also don't over dry the skin as your body then produces more oil...

I have tried a lot of products over the years and I am now using Arbonne and am very happy with the results. http://www.try.myarbonne.com
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I use Proactive and luv it. Not exactly cheap but it is the only thing that has really worked for me. Also do you take birth control pills? I had to switch to a pill where I get the same level of hormone every day (except period week). It seemed like I was breaking out from the changing hormone levels.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Proactiv does work. Drink lots of water and try using a mask once a week to clean your pores. Moisturize every day.
    fallon4chy

Answer by fallon4chy at 5:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Acne Free Severe! It is great ! I have the same problem and it helped alot. It comes in a set. I got it at Walmart for about $24, it is in a orange box. I love it.
    shabrown907

Answer by shabrown907 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009