how can I open hourly day care?

What do I start from?

yfredericksen

Asked by yfredericksen at 12:24 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I guess you would put your business plan together first. Put together what you want to do with this business, including hours of operation... rates, rules, etc.. Then you need to check into licensing, at that time, they will provide you with lots of resources for meals, etc... Then you need to build a business website. If you look at www.stuffformoms.info, there is a link to a site instructing you how to build your website.  Then you need to advertise!  Advertise in your local paper, post flyers, hand out business cards, etc.....

A special note of advise.. I ran into this one time at a daycare, there was a dad who liked to drink and then pick up his kids.  The lady that ran it put it in her rules and regulations that she did not release the children to anyone that had been drinking and made everyone sign it.  I admired that greatly!

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I'm a daycare provider,are you looking to do it from home or actually open a center? If you want to open a center then the first poster has a great start but to add to it you will be required to take calsses because you will have to provide early childhood education in some form to your children, if you want to do it from home it is much easier to set up. Home daycare only requires a few classes and a back ground check and home inspection. you need to have contracts and registration forms to cover yourself and set your rates and policies. you can PM me if your looking more at a home daycare and i can share some of my resources with you.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:05 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• u could do a preschool i know in washington state if its less then 4 hours and educational. then the lic is different and way easyer to get then to do daycare.. so thats what i would do if i was you..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 12:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2009