Do you realise what was in what you ate today? (PIOG)

I drank 1.75 liters of Apple Juice today (throughout the day) as my beverage with meals and once or twice as a snack. Super delicious, not from concentrate, 100% premium apples, no water, no preservatives added...apple juice. Ingredients: APPLES. That's it.

So, hey, pretty darn healthy of me right? Wrong. *Sigh* I just looked at the back of the bottle. There are 8 servings in the bottle. So, in my Apple Juice ALONE, today I had 960 calories and 224 grams of sugar (224 grams of sugar is the same as 45 teaspoons of sugar. 6 times the recommended daily amount of sugar).

If I wonder why I'm not losing weight as fast as I want to...that's why. Despite my neurotic healthy eating. Read those labels girls...BEFORE scarfing it down like I did. :-( Anyone else with a "what did I just eat?!" horror story?

NovemberLove

Asked by NovemberLove at 12:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I can't digest refined sugar. It hits me in varying degrees depending on how much, from wow I'm a little queasy to holy crap I think I have salmonella. You'd be amazed how many things it's hiding in - bread, pasta sauce, tv dinners. Some have 3 or 4 different ingredients that all amount to some processed form of sugar, but you don't notice until you have a reason to look for it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I wish everyone realized what "Juice" really is - sugar water mostly
    I changed me eatings habits long ago

*I start my day with 2 ounces MonaVie - 100% whole food fruit giving me 13 servings of organic fruit with no added water or sugar - gave me all my proper nutrients, all 3 omegas, and full color spectrum antioxidants

*I have 32 oz of water - I am a water-oholic
    *Coaches Oats oatmeal for breakfast
    *I had grilled chicken with baby spinach greens - yummy (kind of lunch & dinner)
    *Finishing my day with another 2 ounces of monavie - Yummie
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 12:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• wow dont you ever get REALLY hungry Andrea?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Wow...you know what I like....eating.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• beverages are the worst for packing on calories. I drink coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 3:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Don't ever drink Vitamin Water if you're counting calories...125 calories per bottle. It may say 50 calories per serving, but there's 2.5 servings per bottle! My dh was astounded when I told him to look at the label of his "healthy drink."

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• When I was pregnant, I thought that I would drink apple juice to be healthy. One day, I looked at the label to see how healthy it was and it really wasn't that healthy at all, so I stopped drinking it. I am starting to drink water again,but after my pregnancy I didn't even want to look at water. I started having contractions at 18 weeks and went on bedrest and had to drink TONS of water every day to help control the contractions. Now, I am drinking it again, because my addiction to diet soda (something I couldn't drink during pregnancy) has got to end. I only have a couple cans left and after that . . . Done.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I am eating healthy chocolate now instead of the bad stuff and it is helping me lose a ton of weight when I eat it before meals.
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 11:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My husband finally decided to tell me that he had 2 glasses of the Apple Juice so I really didn't finish the whole thing myself lol. Still, it was way too much!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2009