What is god?

from your own perspective, how do you view the god of your faith system?
what do you think god wants from you?
how does god want you to act in this world?

i used the lower case "god" to mean whatever you want that word to mean (goddess, higher power, etc). whoever is the head deity of your religion.

im interested to see the answers now that there's no DV.

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 2:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• YAY!!! You said "what" is god rather than "who" is god....that makes me happy! See!

happy

As for what god is....no matter what god you are referring I see god as merely an idea. At first to explain the naural disasters of teh world however as societies grew and evolved so did their concepts of "god" and what you have now is an ideaology encompassing a great many thoughts and ideas. What "god" may want from an individual or what "god" may teach an individual depends entirely on the person professing belief in said "god" and what they envision god as being. Regardless of if they see god as a who or a what.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• God is the author of all things. The Alpha and The Omega
    He wants my best
    He wants my best in this world.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• God is.
    God was always and will always be. The Creator, the Giver of life.
    God is other.
    God wants His creations to be the best they can be. That is wha He wants me to strive for. My best.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• I see God as all there is, pure energy, consciousness and love. It's impossible to comprehend all that God is in this life, but this is how I think of God.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• Flawed beings in positions of power, from which civilizations descended. They exist to teach lessons and right wrongs (on a gestalt level). They do not exist to serve as personal atm machines, personal psychic healers, or personal psychotherapists. They don't give a damn about the utgard - only the innangard concern them. Which means the opinions of the utgard are basically irrelevant. They have equivalent counterparts who were responsible for other civilizations around the world - you can isolate them by studying the genetic haplotypes of humans - we all trace back to different places, each of those places had its own governance. Those counterparts are only responsible for their innangard, and don't care about their utgard, either.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• In my religion, G-d is one, omnipotent, omniscient, indivisible, incorporeal being. He's the Creator of the Universe and is intimately involved in His Creation and in our lives.

What does He want from me? Nothing except having a relationship with me.

As for how He wants me to act in this world, well, He did give us the rules for that in the OT. That's His "manual" no hoy to lice a good, positive life in this physical world while still growing and improving spiritually.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:35 AM on Sep. 27, 2012

GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:50 AM on Sep. 27, 2012

• IMHO, god is a made up person so scare people into religion. I dont believe in a god nor do I need a god to tell me to have morals or how to be a good person.

Now thats my opinion. I respect people who do believe in a god. I never trash their beliefs.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• God is love.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 27, 2012

• The God I know is three in one. He is spirit and truth. He is where my peace and clarity come from. He is the source of strength, life, and love. He is love and is called both the lion and the lamb.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2012