Would this irritate you?

Ok so my dd stayed home from school Monday b/c she was up most of Sunday night with a nasty cough. Well on Tuesday, I sent a note asking her teacher to send home a copy of the newsletter with the homework assignments on there. Well she didn't...I guess she forgot so I emailed her asking her to send a copy home with Josie or to email me one. She hasn't even responded to my email...and on previous newsletters she put "email me anytime, I check it throughout the day and I will respond immidatley." If she dosen't send a sheet home with my kid today I'm going to be livid.

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2012 in

• Yeah, that would be irritating. I would be pissed as well if the homework didn't get sent home. I have had to have a talk with my son's teacher because she collected his homework before it was done and forgot to send it back home. It is due by Friday and he does a little bit every night. Anyway, she tried to give him a 0 for the parts he didn't finish even though it was her fault he couldn't get them done. Now we know to only turn in what he has finished and leave the rest at the house. Other than that though, she really is a pretty good teacher and communicates pretty well with me. I hope you can get this worked out and this is just a fluke thing.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• Take it into your own hands and call the school. Explain the situation to the principal.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• Yes, that would irritate me. Simple communication seems to be a lost art. WTF is up with that anyhow?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• I wouldn't expect an immediate response - she IS supposed to be teaching a class, after all. I would be a bit upset that she didn't respond yesterday, but maybe she had a doctor's appointment or something yesterday and it ended up slipping her mind. I'd see what happens today. If it doesn't come home today, then I'd call her and tell her "I've sent a note, and emailed you and you aren't responding. Please send home the newsletter with the homework." If she gives you a problem over the phone, then you go in and talk to the principal.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• Yes, that would irritate me. This has happened many times to me. I email the teacher 2 times (allowing about 48 hrs to respond-which is district policy). If i get no response after the second time, I email again, this time copying the principal and guidance counselor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• if she don't send it home today i will. the principal was my high school ennglish teacher and is a close friend of mine. he knows i'm a loon when it comes to my babies
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• call the school.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• well go figure she never sent anything home and the test is tomorrow. i got a copy of the spelling words from a friend (her dd is in my dd's class).
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 7:46 AM on Sep. 27, 2012