Do you believe that spirits sometimes stay behind or do you believe like I do- all people that die, their spirits go to where they are to suppose to go to wait on judgement?

I believe that any spirits here on Earth are demonic. When people die, they go to the place to await judgement. Any activity here is demonic. Alot of times people say, "I saw my loved one", but that's exactly what THEY want you to believe...ever read that scripture where Satan can appear as a angel of light? It's a ploy to make you accept their presence. They play on people's weaknesses and sadness of losing a loved one. When the great war in Heaven happened, a third of the host of heaven fell with Lucifer- that is what I believe is left here- not people who have died. I think people are wishing that their loved ones are still around and that they are being greatly fooled.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ditto here! Believe what you believe.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I believe the same!
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 1:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I'm sorry, but I must disagree. Just as there are good and evil people in life, there are good and evil spirits in death. Some cannot move on due to unfinished business, or not knowing or understanding that they have passed. Others are demonic. If you have not had any experiences, then you would not understand.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I have a different take on the thought - I believe that when if our physical bodies here stop functioning before the Rapture, our spirit leaves and goes to be with the Lord. That is our promise from Him to us.

But I also believe that spirits may be able to say goodbye to their loved ones before they go to be with the Lord. I personally saw my grandfather's smiling to me in the window the day of his death; and my sister personally saw our grandmother's spirit standing at the bottom of the bed the night she died: she died in Minnesota, we lived in Washington at the time: we didn't know she had died until the phone rang shortly after she appeared to say she loved us.

These things are what I know to be true.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 1:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• From my own experiences some spirits do stay behind for a period of time. They remain to finish up business and then move on to their destination whether it be heaven or awaiting the next soul to be reincarnated. The ones that remain behind are souls not at peace or they have someone they cared for while in earthly form that is need of their guidance.

From my own experiences this what is true to me.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I am the one who wrote this and yes i believe that they can say goodbye first as well, but dragonfly, I did have an experience- actually 2. When my boys great grandmother died, strange things happened in our house that were not pleasant, but down right scary and evil...oh, I've had experiences alright...I still believe they move on to what is called Paradise to wait to be judged.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I absolutely believe that spirits stay behind for various reasons and I do not believe they are all evil. I do believe that just like us, there is good and evil.

I have had many experiences with spirits as have people that are close to me. None have been with anything evil.

My great-grandmother stays on this plane of existence. I think it is because she was the families matriarch and she wants to continue to do her job....watching out for all of us. I also think part of what may be holding her is that our family is not as close now as it was when she was alive something that would have hurt her heart when she was alive.

My daughter has a spirit who visits her at night. It usually comes to see her three times a week. They play for about an hour or so and Abbie goes to sleep. Whatever/whoever it is, they do not scare her.

I could go on and on but Cafemom doesn't give me enough characters to do so...
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 3:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My daughter has a spirit who visits her at night

Oh - I had forgotten about these 2 experiences because I only have knowledge of it second hand and didn't actually see it ... but my daughter and my niece both saw the same thing, so I believe it to be true. In the house we lived in while they were growing up (my niece lived with us for several years), they both claim they saw a girl in an old-time dress that used to come into the bedroom around bedtime. They didn't get specific except to say that she freaked them out. My niece mentioned it again just last month on the phone while we were talking. She used the same words : "Aunt *******, she really freaked me out!" I don't remember what brought the subject up, but she sounded freaked out while telling me about it ...

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 6:49 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• MPO is that if something {freaks you out} then it is not a good thing.

So, after listening to both the girls tell me about their personal experience with this unknown entity, I would surmise it to be evil and up to no good.

I wish they had told me about it then instead of years later! It bothers me to know they were so scared.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 6:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Basically I believe that we all become energy when we die, so yes, I think its possible for energy to remain here.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2009