How much do you pay a baby sitter for a 4 and 7 year old and also my 13 year old will be in the home but doesn't need care. I want to be able to go out with the hubby and not pay more for child care than I did for the date. What is a good rate? Fair rate? Not break my back rate?

How much do I pay for baby sitter so I can go out on a date wuth the hubby?

laloyann

Asked by laloyann at 7:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Entertainment

• Can't your 13 year old watch the kids? That's what I would do.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• if your 13 yr old is not responsible enough to watch them for a couple of hours. get a person whom you trust and pay them about a minimun of 15.00 upto 20 for around 4-5 hrs.
    phyliss3

Answer by phyliss3 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'm a daycare provider and if you are wanting someone to watch your two younger kids with out the 13 year old in the house it is usually about $3.00 to $4.00 an hour per child under 5 hours. If 5 hours or over, that is considered a full day and you will probably be charged $20.00 to $25.00 per child for the evening...If you have your 13 yr old in the house I don't know how that would work....because in essence the provider is still responsible for the well being of the older child. If you can trust your 13 year old to watch the two younger ones with out them killing each other then that's is what I would do if I were you..If not let the 13 yr old stay at a friends house for the night....
    hope this helps.
    mymxboys

Answer by mymxboys at 7:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• These prices are for a license day care provider you might have  cheaper rate if you hire a teenager to help out.

mymxboys

Answer by mymxboys at 7:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My 23-year-old daughter lives in CO and charges $15 an hour! No, she is not a full-time provider, but has a part-time job doing daycare at a health club. People actually pay this! I would think that $4 -$5 would be a good pay rate. How can the sitter NOT watch the 13-year-old?
    Sarvin4

Answer by Sarvin4 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We have a 5 year old and 21 month old twins and pay $6 a hour. Our babysitter is excellent college student and is fine with that rate. If you have a college close by its a great place to find a babysitter for a rate that won't break your bank!
    medalis5

Answer by medalis5 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The average going rate amongst my friends and the sitters in our area is between $7-$10 an hour. I would agree that if your 13 y/o is responsible then have he/she watch the kids.
    unitsmom

Answer by unitsmom at 11:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If you are going out with hubby on a movie dinner date. It is only few hours and kids may be in bed after 2 hours of sitting, then i will pay about $10-15 for 4-5 hours night. If she does a good job, tell her you would like to use her again and pay her $20 next time and get the whole night out of her.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 3:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Nothing less than $10 per hour. Just because they're older, doesn't mean that the work isn't being done. It depends on the going rate in your area. In big metropolitan cities you would probably be looking at about $14-15 per hour.

joulieen

Answer by joulieen at 8:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2008