to all Pentecostal's

My husband and I used to attend a PCG church until my husband caught our pastor telling someone to speak in tongues and telling someone else to interpret. My husband asked him about it and he said it was because God had told him that it was going to happen and he needed to tell them so they could be ready. My question is this. If speaking in tongues is real why was this neccessary? You would think God could handle it without the pastor's help. Does anyone know what another explanation could be other than the religion and our pastor being a fake? Please no one take this as a shot against the Pentacostol church, that is not my intention at all. I want more than anything for someone to prove us wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The bible says that watch out for false prophets will rise and deceive even the elect if possible.. So pray and ask God what he wants you to do also pray for the paster too.. Hope this helped... But the Holy spirit is a converter and when you speak in tongues the Devil cant do nothing and that makes him mad....

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I have been in Pentecostal fellowships - maybe I can be helpful :-)

Sometimes when the Holy Spirit is wanting to minister to the Body as a whole through a certain person, that person may be holding the message back because their humanity gets in the way. The Pastor may have been trying to help that person relax by encouraging them to allow the Holy Spirit to speak forth. Also the Scriptures are very clear in telling the Body that when tongues are spoken in the congregation there MUST be an interpretation following the spoken message, or the person is to remain silent and not give utterance. In this case, the person who was to give the interpretation may have been needing encouragement to speak forth also.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My husband said the pastor told them exactly what to say as an interpretation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

That is wrong ... it is sad to read about how people misuse the Lord's gifts to us.

Very sad. I'm sorry you had to experience that.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 2:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• No offence to you but I agree with the fact that God doesnt need his help if this was going to happen anyways...Plus, speaking in tounges is only to happen when the person least expects it in my opinion he was being fake..which a lot of priests and pastors seem to be sadly...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• No offence to you

I'm not offended .. I'm agreeing with you that it is wrong :-)

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Absolutely he was wrong. I agree w/ pp. The spirit comes on you kind of like un-expectedly. It's hard for me to explain. It's not something you can TELL God to do, it's something you ASK God for. God just doesn't work this way. I too would encourage you to pray for this Pastor. False teaching is a serious thing to mess around w/.
    If you question anything, go to the Bible, it will always be your road map!
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 5:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I think that its very important that a church have elders. The elders are very much like accountiablity partners. If the pastor is walking in the wrong spirit the elders would need to step in. Be sensitive to the holy spirit.
    GIBOYS

Answer by GIBOYS at 1:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2009