what age do you start them in preschool?

moonmama118

Asked by moonmama118 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Most preschools here require the child be potty trained to enter, so the common age is really three. I personally did not want to push it on my child I have two, one is a teenager the other just turned three. I wanted to enjoy my last as this is my last time I will ever have this opportunity. I prefer doing preschooling myself, and plan to put her in a preschool when she is four.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 1:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• the youngest is 3. My mom is a preschool director and she takes them as young as 3 as long as they are potty trained.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i wanted alexis to go to preschool around that age,

but i am going to do a home study program and then send her to kindergarten.

But if she is completely potty trainted iwill consider the school just depends.
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:30 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• We wait until three, but only send them a couple days a week.

My now 3 year old will start going 4 days a week next school year (he'll be 3 1/2) and the following year he'll start UPK with the school district as will my now 2 year old. (birthday cut offs are weird here..my youngest two will be in the same grade)

There are several preschools in our area which will take untrained 3 year olds.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I think my son's daycare considers pre-school the 4-5 year old room. It looks more like a classroom, with the stuff on the wall (there are no desks), and they have a curriculum. I'm not sure what the 3-4 year old classroom is though ... pre-pre-preschool?? LOL.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 8, 2009