Is it normal for your 20 something son not to call more then once a week?

I know my son is busy. He works. He is a single daddy to a four month old. I see him every other weekend but I only speak to him one time a week on average. Is this normal? Have I offended him??

Kidsmamabear

Asked by Kidsmamabear at 1:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Iam 21 and I havent talked to my mom in almost a month and I try to call my dad once a week but somtime I get to busy. Your son just might be busy especially being a single father.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 1:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Yep its normal. I only talk to my mom once every week or every other week. I'm 26 with a 4 month old as well. And you're lucky you see him as often as you do.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i dont know. i'm 22 and i have too talk to my mom at least once a day if not twice..and i see her everyweekend.. so i dont know if its normal or not...
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:48 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I suppose it depends on the relationship you have. If its really close then yeah you would talk all the time. But my mom hovers and I just need my space with her.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• it's normal. my hubby loves his mom. but he's the sole income for my fam. and he is always working he tries to call her when ever he gets a chance, but sometimes he forgets or falls asleep before he gets a chance. dont worry about it too much unless u had a huge fight and he's not really tlking to u when he does call
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 1:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My husband was raised by his grandma and prior to marrying me he used to call her 24/7. Well we got married and things changed ( he is in the military and always working/gone/sleeping) and when he is awake and has a day or hours to spare he likes to spend time with me not on the phone you know? I am also 8 months pregnant and she seems to think its all my fault....she even flat out told me that like 3 weeks ago that he does not talk to her because of me (totally wrong I would never ever tell my husband he could not talk to her). He prob is honestly really busy, just has a lot on his plate and its hard to take a few minutes out of most days to place a simple call. Just know he lovesyou and everything!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I talk to my daughter once a week. She is busy and she is working. On her days off she calls me.Oh yeah, I miss her, but , she has her life. She is 23. Just think how lucky you are to get that one phone call a week and there are some parents that never get a call.Whose the lucky one here?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:30 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I think its normal, but I call my son. If I didn't call him I would hardly ever talk to him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Haha, I can't even remember the last time my husband called his mom just to talk. But his family is full of non-communicators, so I guess that says it all. We get together for holidays and we'll ask him mom to watch our son occasionally (she lives an hour away), but they really don't talk much. There is no friction between them, just like I said, non-communicators.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• IT DEPENDS ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP, I SPEAK TO ALL MY CHILDREN ON A DAILY BASIS, IF THEY DON'T CALL ME I WILL CALL THEM, JUST TO HEAR THEIR VOICES AND KNOW THEY ARE OK.

Answer by older at 11:30 AM on Feb. 8, 2009