Dozens injured, thousands confused by riots over "Gospel of Jesus' Wife"

A Satirical piece by Nick Bottom from The Catholic World report. Read the Whole thing before commenting. By Nick Bottom DEVIL'S ELBOW, Missouri (ASS)- Theocratic, mean-spirited violence has erupted throughout the deep South, the "Bible Belt", the Midwest, and a smattering of towns in the Rocky Mountains as thousands of Christians have taken to the streets, wielding swords, Bibles, and plowshares, to protest the recent revelation that Jesus had at least one wife. Other protests, less violent but also widespread, took place over reports that some scholars and pulp novelists believe Jesus merely dated, but never married. Read article here

daps

Asked by daps at 5:58 AM on Sep. 27, 2012 in Religious Debate

• Haa haaa! Apparently some missed the fact that you stated it is a satirical piece!! :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:35 AM on Sep. 27, 2012

• A God inspired anger is incomprehensible to me............and yes I read the whole article!

Answer by older at 6:50 AM on Sep. 27, 2012

• Normally, I would have condemned their behaviour as disgusting.  However, since Muslims are rioting about the globe, I think it is encouraging to see Christians taking a stand.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:19 AM on Sep. 27, 2012

• You guys really think the Muslim riots have anything to do with a You Tube video? I mean ya sure, it could have nothing to do with us bombing them with drones and propping up/arming terrorist groups and rebels but I highly doubt it.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2012

• Lol, I like the line " WWJWDIJRHAW (What Would Jesus' Wife Do If Jesus Really Had a Wife?)."

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2012

• There are over 2 billion Muslims in the world, only a small fraction are extremist. The same can be said of just about any group. I see nothing wrong with this satire given all the crap Christanity gets on this site.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• that was funny! i 'shared' it on FB..i know most people will get a kick out of it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:30 AM on Sep. 27, 2012

• The wit in the article was pulled a bit thin, using references that not everyone would be aware of. On top of that, in REAL news, the catholic church is calling the parchment and the allegations of a wife for christ "fake". Wow, who could EVER have seen THAT coming (a bit of sarcastic wit by moi--that no one on cafemom will get either!) Hee-hee.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2012

• Do you people not recognize satire?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:03 AM on Sep. 27, 2012

• Even satirically portraying Christians in this light is slightly offensive but it does make a point. I don't get the reasoning behind this appeasement attitude toward the extremist Muslims. We are not supposed to speak out against Islam or the terrorists will get angry, according to our current administration and the U.N. People make fun of Christians all the time and we don't riot and terrorize. We don't keep our RPG's tucked under our pillows either, like apparently terrorist do, ready to blow things up at the slightest offense (more satire). I'm so disappointed in this administration's handling of the Arab spring and the attacks on our embassies.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 27, 2012