Taxes??

I filed my taxes January 31st on a Saturday. Since my husband is military we had to wait 8-15 days to get it on the HR Block Emerald credit card I am just wondering what day should I expect it? I already tried the IRS.gov site nothing. Anybody can help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• Im wondering the same thing and why does it take 8 to 15 days for military? we did our taxes at hnr block and my huband is in the marines and they told us the same thing and we also checked the irs.gov thing and it said it we have to wait 3 weeks before checking on there.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 1:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Same thing with me my husband is in the Navy it says the same thing on the IRS site.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Are you talking about 8-15 days before it's accepted? My husband is also in the Military and we got our return in 7 days. Most of our friends received theirs in 2 weeks. So you should get your next week sometime...that's just my guess. I hope you get it soon!

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 2:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I called and was told mine was accepted but I keep calling the Emerald Card 1800 number to check on my balance and nothing. Your lucky you got yours in 7 days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I've never heard of the Emerald Card...is that something new? Yes, we actually got lucky this year. Usually it takes up to 3 weeks - which still isn't long, but 7 days is nice!
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 2:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Yeah its another way of geting your refundback from hr block
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I dont think being military has anything to do with when i was married and my husband was navy we always got ours in 7 days.. it depents on how you file not where you work
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 12:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Thats bogus we were told by different tax people and even filing online or ourselves would take between 8-15 days or longer.
    Anonymous

• There is a normal IRS wait time of 8 to 15 days, depending on what day your information was accepted by the IRS. My DH and I are both Army and we did our for free on our military installation. The IRS pays every Friday, do depending on what their cut off day of the week is, you can either receive it the first Friday after you file or the second. Since congress passed a law capping the interest rate for military families at 36%, we are no longer able to receive "rapid refund" loan, etc. Basically, all of these tax preparers, such as H and R block know this information. There are so many ways for military families to get tax preparation for free and receive all of their money without using a "fee based" service. Go to the IRS website and check their refund calendar, it will give you an idea of when you will receive your money. Oh, the money won't go on your Emerald Card, until H and R block gets paid first. HTH!
    ZarsMom

Answer by ZarsMom at 6:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Exactly. We called and we are not getting a dime til Feb 13th go figure. So effed up congress passed that crap just last year.
    Anonymous