How you do get a kid to stop wetting the bed?

My daughter will be 3 in March. She uses the potty like a champ during the day and she never has accidents unless there is something wrong like she is sick.. I reacently had another baby and since then she is peeing in her bed.. I've tried everything that I can think of. So I reacently started to put her back into diapers and she is still peeing in the bed.. What should I do??? I would greatly appreciate all the advice I could get here.. Thanks...... I'm out of options here.

MadiMatt12

Asked by MadiMatt12 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Its normal for the older to regress when the baby is born. I would combo cutting back liquids and trying diff diapers for bed time only, then extra praise when dry and have her be babies big helper.
    Stress reaction is to be expected and she's so young that I would not even worry about night slip ups.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 1:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Well it shoulds like it could be a little stress related, you might wanna cut back on the fluid in take before bed, by the hour several hours how ever long it takes to eliminate the night wetting. I think she is pretty young too, mine just turned three and rarely has accidents but occassionally wets the bed. I personally do not make a huge issue out of it, but talk to her about it. I have extra sets of bedding so i can change when she does have accidents.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 2:01 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Wetting the bed isn't a conscious effort. Lots of kids wet the bed until they are much older than three. It usually means that their bladder is still growing. I agree with the previous poster, cut back on fluids before bed time and maybe give her a little extra attention, sh is probably experiencing some stress from not being the baby anymore.
    CurvieMomma

Answer by CurvieMomma at 1:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I agree completely with MamiJaAyla. Put her in a Huggies Overnight diaper at bed time or underpants with plastic training pant over them.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2009