H&Rblock...

told my sister that she had to pay half of 2008 stimulus check....

but when we did our taxes they didnt even mention it..

so anybody else??

my sis made like 45,000 and is only getting 800 back

then they told her that theirs a limit on how much you can pay on babysitting which is 300 a month!? uhhh where the hell are you only going too pay that???/

my question is.. has this happen to anyone else?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 1:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have found that H&R block is full of crap, try using turbo tax online you can run through the program without paying (you dont pay till you file) for some reason h&r block is really bad lately.

i ran the program on both H&R blok and turbo tax to see the difference and i am getting 3000 more back on turbo tax no joke, h&r block missed all sorts of things and tried to charge me self employment tax when i dont even fall into the category for it. plus turb tax was much easier to understand and had live help at no charge.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:24 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• H&R Block is a joke. Last year they charged us $170 for our taxes and we were only getting $400 back.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• There is a limit on how much you can claim for child care. You basically type in how much you did spend on child care and they tell you how much you can claim.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• yeah they told her she can only clim 300 dollars a month... but why?
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• As far as daycare expenses it goes by percentages. I am not sure the exact percentage though.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2009