Odd dog behavior

We have a little female mix, about 1 1/2 years old. We have had her since she was a puppy. She has this strange habit that I can't figure out. She follows me around the house and every time I put my right foot down, she mouths it. It is very gentle and quick. She's not trying to stop my foot, her mouth is gone before I start to pick my foot back up. I have tried to watch her to assess her body language as she does this, but she knows when my stride changes to look at her, and she stops mouthing and moves to my other side, but still behind me. Is this just affection or is she trying to herd me or something?

carlye828

Asked by carlye828 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2012 in Pets

• Do you correct the behavior? Or is this how she tries to play with you?
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 3:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• I don't correct her behaviour because I don't know why she does it. I don't want to correct something that doesn't need to be corrected. Also, it is not something I find bothersome, just weird. I'm used to it, she's been doing it for at least a year. If it's her dog way of telling me what to do, or where to go, I want to correct it. If she's showing affection, I don't want to correct it. Know what I mean?
    carlye828

Comment by carlye828 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• ooh idk
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 9:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2012

• wow, i do not know
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2012