What would you with these pictures?

I was looking thru some of our pictures from our past and stumbled to a photo album that did not belong to us...well turns out it was an album from my dh's past with his ex and kids (when they were babies) I looked thru them and it looked like they were happy at one time.
Well I mentioned to my dh and he said to shred all of her but leave the kids...I was like I can't do that even though she's made our lives a living hell thru all these years 15 yrs....well update on her life she left my dh to be with another man (cheater, drinker) had his kid found him in bed with another woman in their home she kicked him out now she's with someone 10 yrs. younger good for her I guess...(the rebound guy)

But my question to you ladies is...what would you do to these pictures of them...would you just cut her out of them?

I've already gone thru my past pics with my ex but we had no kids so it was easy for me ;)

Thanks Ladies for listening!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2012 in Relationships

• I would put them away for the kids to have pictures of their Mom when they get older.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• Hold on to them. The kids may want them some day.

*Disclaimer: I have not ever been in that situation so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I think that is what I would do, but not having been in the situation, I can't really tell you. You need to go with your gut.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 1:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• Keep them intact, just because he's bitter doesnt mean he should punish his kids. What if they want them? Offer the pics to them first.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• Just keep them and put them away for the kids to have later. They might want a piece of their past.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• Save them for the kids. They'll want them someday.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• I would totally save them for the kids. Regardless of her sins, she is still their mother and they love her, I'm sure they will cherish those pics when they are older, esp to see a happy time in their lives.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• I just got a flash drive of all of my Grandma's pictures through the years. Her son, my bio father, and my mom split 30 years ago, but she kept all of the pics. I lived with my mom and rarely saw my father... he is a loser junkie, so no love lost there, but the pics are a wonderful gift. Keep the pics, the kids WILL want to see them. And it show that you are the bigger person for not trashing them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• Do the kids live with you?
    I guess I would hide them away for wehn they were long grown but then again they are really your hubs property and it is his choice.
    If they live with her I would cut her out because she should have pictures there.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• I would put the ones away that have mom in anyway, away for the kids to have. My dad died when I was 6, and my mom started getting rid of pictures of the 2 of them, when she stated dating her current bf. Needless to say, it really hurt me that she was getting rid of these items, without even asking us if we wanted them. She had their wedding picture in the trash when I went over one day, and i took it out. Its not like they got a divorce, and he is still my father, regardless of where he is. I know my other sisters feel the same way. Its a part of us, even if we weren't in the photos. (( also, my dad wasn't a great guy. Drug dealer, couldn't provide for us, cheated on my mom, was in jail when he committed suicide, but all of that aside, he was/is still our father))
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• my husband had photo albums with is first wife and their two kids when we moved in together...I have kept them safe and put up for 7 years now and will continue to do so. That is apart of them, they deserve to have them when they are older even though their mom and dad are no longer together. I will let it be up to them when they are older to decide what they want to do with them. It wasn't my place to destroy something that didn't belong to me.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 2:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2012