Disney movie "Brave"

The disney movie "Brave" is coming out in our 'more affordable' theater tomorrow and I have been patiently awaiting it to come out so I could take my 2 yr old (he will be three in a month) to it. I have heard its good for boys or girls and I have wanted to see it myself since I first saw the previews. I was reading reviews on it today and someone said that its not for little ones because its too scarey. My son hasn't ever been scared by movies but we mostly watch Disney stuff so I don't know if its a bad idea to take him. For anyone who has seen it-what do you suggest?

AshleyBishop06

Asked by AshleyBishop06 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I went to see it with my 4yo son and 3yo niece. They both loved it. I just asked my son what he thought and he said it was a little scary but it was a good movie.
    I don't think it's any worse than any other Disney movie. This is by far my favorite Disney movie that's come out recently.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 9:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• We took my 8 year old and 5 year old to it when it first came out. The 8 year old (boy) LOVED it. My 5 year old (girl) didn't like the bear fight scenes. They both liked it though.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• My youngest (4 year old boy) was scared during the fighting scenes... like really scared, wanted to go home. Not sure I would take a 2 year old.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• The bear is kinda scary, more so than most of the Disney characters I can think of. My 6 yo loved it, but I am not sure about a 2yo. You should watch it first and see what you think. Otherwise you can take them and maybe have to take them home.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• I wouldn't take a 2 yo. I thought it was a great movie, but would not take my 3 yo. I took my 10 yo to see it with a friend.

Answer by missanc at 4:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2012