Under eye bags

A lady at work pointed out the bags under my eyes in front of a few people there at my work,and it really was quite embarrassing as if I didn't already know that they existed. She was saying that there's stuff that will help but everything I've looked at is expensive and while I don't have the cash really to spend on expensive creams,especially if they don't work isn't something to sneeze at for my meager budget.
Does it give people an ego boost to point out peoples flaws?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• You can also use hemorrhoid treatments like Preparation H. They constrict blood vessels, whether below the eyes or elsewhere. And that was rude of your coworker, but maybe she's just socially ineptand not malicious.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• maybe she thought she was being helpful, as if you didn't know there might be a product that 'worked'...i'm skeptical of any topical. i tend to think its more diet and rest/adequate sleep..it might be your health, but only you would know on that side of the equation.
    some people may feel better about themselves, to point out others' flaws, but mostly, if they are specific and offer insight to a fix, i think they are being honestly helpful/concerned.
    in my experience, if someone were to be blatantly rude about pointing out a 'flaw', they aren't going to offer a solution. they simply say their opinion, and are done.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• i know that was not nice and ignorant , but may be she didn't mean it. any ways did u try tea bags after u finish ur tea put the too bags in the fridge until they r cold then place them into ur eyes. i hope this works if not ask a doctor maybe he can give u something like medicine and cheap. good luck.
    mamishad

Answer by mamishad at 5:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• Ya I do believe some people point out others flaws and really have no clue how rude it is. My MIL is like that. I usually say wow thanks for poining out my flaws. It's hard not to take it personal.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• Well that was rude. You might try very cold cucumber slices.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• there's a lot of home remedies out there based on the severity- just google it- none of them are instant though
    if doing the tea bag trick- be careful of staining cause then you'll have dark rings
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• Wow. I would have said something along the lines of "Yeah...I know I should probably get a cream or something. Its too bad you cant go back in time, though, and ask your parents to teach you some manors and respect."
    toughluck08

Answer by toughluck08 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• what an evil woman! who the f*ck cares. Don't give it another thought. Most of those creams don't really work. Plastic surgery to remove the fat pad under the eye works but c'mon.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• I probably would have answered with a nasty retort to that kind of comment.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2012

• Preparation H. Tightens it up and removes the puffiness everytime.
    blondie805

Answer by blondie805 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2012