I want to do tummy tuck. any ideas ,suggestions , advice, or do u know any side affects about it?

mamishad

Asked by mamishad at 5:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• It can be Major surgery. My sister had it done and she was "recovering" for months.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• do a search for it on here- someone has been documenting the whole procedure
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• I would love that too!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• My sister had it done along with a breast augmentation. There were some complications and a four hour surgery turned into a 10 hour one. She almost died on the table. Honestly it is major surgery and should be researched thoroughly before jumping in. Since it is an elective surgery you really need to think it through before doing it.

Now with that being said... I would get one if I had the chance. But I would do tons of research first.

Good luck.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• It fricken hurts. I had one after my first child was born. The reason for it was because the c-section was reopened and the scar was atrocious so the doctors figured it would be best to do a tuck instead of a scar revision.

It hurt worse than any c-section ever. I ended up with a strep A infection and an even worse scar. It took me 6 months to be able to wear jeans again. I now have a belly button that is not my own. I was packing a wound with my first c-section and I was packing a wound after a tummy tuck. I still cannot wear underwear or pants that rub against the scar.

If I knew then what I know now, I would not have had it done. You are cut from end to end, skin pulled and cut, the muscles tightened, lipo done, and a new belly button punched because otherwise the belly button is going to be at your knees.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• Lzarejman YUCK! But I bet you look good : )
    Get a referral for a board certified plastics doc and do a ton of research. Ask around, check out any references and see if the doctor has any infractions (so to speak).
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2012

• I would love one too!!!
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2012

• Gosh, I would love one myself! Be prepared to be in bed recovering for a while and good luck to you !!!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2012