my DD 7 weeks old....i need a little help

She has milk bumps badly...any suggestions that could make them go away,
i mean its almost like a rash im taking her to the doctor monday to just make sure...
because its even drying her face out horribly,

Almost like aligator skin..maybe he will reccommend...a dermotolgist ??? sp*

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 5:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD had baby acne for tthe first few weeks...it goes away on its own...just keep her skin clean.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• COULD BE AN ALLERGY TO MILK. YOU MIGHT END UP HAVING TO TRY A FEW DIFFERENT FORMULAS TILL YOU GET ONE THAT WONT DO THAT. NOT TO WORRY THOUGH MANY MANY OF US HAVE HAD TO GO THROUGH THIS. MY DD WAS BORN WITH IT AND ALSO ENDED UP HAVING ECZEMA WHICH IS ALSO TREATABLE. I WOULD DEFINITLY ASK YOUR DR ABOUT DIFFERENT FORMULAS TO TRY. MAINLY SOY BASED, LACTOSE FREE!!!
    boogirlsmommy

Answer by boogirlsmommy at 6:12 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Like baby acne??
    You could have your pediatrician look at it to be sure.... but I would just leave it alone. It will get better on it's own. Every baby is different and some babies have really bad acne. And your horemones are still in her system... and I am *thinking* that it's around the 2 month mark when a lot of babies have a flare up in acne because your hormemones are being flushed out. Kind of like a mini puberty for them
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:19 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My son got baby acne at about two weeks. I washed it with just plain water every day and it went away on it's own. Are you using formula or nursing? If you are nursing you can also try to drop some expressed breast milk on it. In the early weeks you can use breast milk for a lot of different things!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:25 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• beckcork, it's not just in the early days! Breast milk can be used for many things, even for adults! It's amazing.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2009