hi my son is making his communion in may

hi my som is making his communion in may, i really cant afford a big party, i live with my mom and her husband with my son right now, and i could ask them if they could have a little party but my mom gets stressed easily so she would say no, if i get my own place by may 2 i would have something were i live, this is my only child, could i have it at a fridays or somethings with some friends but have them pay or should pay my mom is areal pain she does not realize this is my only son what should i do

carebear48

Asked by carebear48 at 7:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• Have a picnic in the park.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Depending on where you live and what the climate is around early May, I would have it at a local park. You can easily BBQ and the kid would have fun playing.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• A few thoughts: Ask a friend to have it and make it hotdogs and cake and paper plates so there is virtually no clean up. Aren't you having him sponsored? Ask the fellow who will be his sponsor.
    What about having a simple get together like that at the church? Is there a room you could have for a modest donation? Is the weather warm enough to have it at a park? You could hand out invitations to announce the confirmation and invite everyone to a park setting in the month of June to celebrate and enjoy the weather. On that day, have a blessing over him and a photo of the day he was confirmed. Don't have it at your mother's because you are desperate. Make it work for you and he will love it.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 12:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2009