how can i get my baby to sleep throw the night i need help

anniepooh25

Asked by anniepooh25 at 7:26 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would STRONGLY suggest these options: Dark room, noise maker that has a white noise option on it, warm blanket, but not too warm! Bath before bed..but not everyday it's bad for baby's skin. Try doing a relaxation thing before bed, a story..with a bottle and then bed..you can even do that after a bath..no play time at all, or over stimulation with talk etc, that makes them wired before bed lol. With my son we run a white noise sound on an obus form noise maker avail at walmart..I think it's around 20 bucks I SWEAR by this..it soothes babies because it sounds like the womb. And try the baby Einstein video, lullaby time! It has soft music and it shows all diff things on the tv, makes my son tired!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• How old is the baby? That can play a large role in this. I would try keeping stimulation to a min at bed time. We do a bath, lotion and finish our dinner milk before we go to bed. I turn on lullabies and her mobile and she is out after about 20 min of whining. Every baby is different and you have to find what will work for your family and your baby.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• That really depends on how old your baby is.... My daughter wouldnt sleep through the night until she was about 8 mos. And how often does baby wake up? Is it to eat, or do they just cry? because they may still need night time feedings.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 9:19 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I just read your profile, it doesn't say anything about a baby except a 2 yr old. Is this who you are talking about? If it is, for some reason 2 yr olds start getting back up at night after being in a bed for a good long while. if she does it again(this may take time) don't make a big deal about it, just put her back in her room. Don't talk to her,or play or anything,just walk her nicely back in her room.Try not to get upset when she does it, either, then it will make it worse. Children go thru all kinds of sleeping phases and this is just one of them. If it gets to be to much on you, just lay down beside her so you can rest. I had to do it when my girls were growing up just so I could walk around the next day.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• PS>>>This can also go for pretty much any age.What I wrote above, I mean.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It does depend on the age of the child, but I recommend the book "Baby Wise". It is great for working out a schedule that is good for you and baby, plus it helps with getting baby to sleep through the night, whether the baby is BFing or FFing.

Now this does not happen overnight, or when the baby is 3 weeks old, lol. But I can tell you that I have used the suggestions in the book on my son, and my SIL has used the book for her 4 kids, and the children were sleeping long stretches by 2 months and through the night by 2.5-3 months.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I've been wondering this for 2 YEARS!!! I've tried everything and my son still wont sleep through the night and hes 2.....LOL.
    I know its harsh but I think I should have listened to my mom when she told me to just put him to bed and leave him alone so he could find a way to sooth himself and fall asleep.
    AmandaDenise26

Answer by AmandaDenise26 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2009