bottle to sippy cup

what is the best way to get my son on a sippy cup. he drinks a little water out of it now and does fine. but when i put formula in it, is turns his nose to it. wants nothing to do with it. whats the easiest transition?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When he's ready, he should accept it..I think that's all there is to it! My son wouldn't even dare take his milk out of a sippy yet...but your doing the right thing! Keep doing juice and water in a sippy to get him used to the cup and now and then, put formula in it and give him it..see what he does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• We transitioned easily. I found sippy's with a silicone nipple similar to the bottle. But they are pressure activated. She took to those much easier then the gerber or playtex ones.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• If he can drink water out of it there is no longer a need for the bottle at all. Put his formula in it and don't offer anything BUT formula. He'll do it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:16 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• When I transfered my DD to a sippy cup she was around 12 months. At that age they start on Reg. Milk in a sippy cup no formual anymore. If your LO is under 12 months talk to your Ped. doctor 1st. Just keep trying to give the cup...he will realize that is all he has to drink/eat. Best of Luck!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i lost my sons bottle when he was almost 10 months and all i had late at night was his sippy. he got used to it real quick when he realized it was that or nothing.
    AngelzMom124

Answer by AngelzMom124 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• ...my son will only drink from his bottle..or a cup. He hates the sippy spout... Someone told me they make a sippy cup That's a lot like a cup with a lid, and there's a hole...IDK...I just know that it's going to be fun when I get to toss his bottles! (yes...that's sarcasm)
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2009