This may sound crazy. But if you had a dream that someone you know killed themselves, how would you go about dealing with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2012 in Health

• It's a dream I let it go. My dreams are usually so super crazy and make no sense.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2012

• Is this person you dreamed about depressed? If you have a real concern, I would talk to them about your dream. If not, if it's just an off the wall dream, then let it go. I hate dreams like that. Try to watch a comedy before you go to bed tonite, maybe you'll be able to program yourself to have a better dream! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2012

• mrsmom110, I'm not sure. It's my first crush and we just started talking about 5 months ago after 32 yrs. And we was gonna meet several different times and have said that we both care for each other. But he says that he doesn't know how to deal with this feelings and have always said he couldn't meet me. We barely talk as it is, but now he don't talk at all. I know that his ex wife treated him horrible according to his family and his heart is gurarded. And I've pretty much given up the fact that we're not not meet and talk face to face and it does hurt but last night I dreamed that he hung hisself and I was so devastated. But not only that, in my dream I learned that one of my best friends died and I remember not being able to breathe and crying so hard wondering why. But then when I woke up this morning, I couldn't remember who this friend was, all I could think of is him and how heart broken I was. He does drink alot though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2012

• Sounds symbolic, not literal. Seems like your mind is processing the potential "death" of your relationship with this person. That's what dreams do. Clearly you are sad about loosing this person (by his choice, I take it, not your choice) and I think your dreaming mind is expressing that. But I wouldn't be worried about the actual person dying or getting hurt.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 7:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2012

• Sebbiemama that's what I had thought at first. And yes it's his choice. We've talked on the phone for hours and texted, and I know he's been hurt and he has even said that he's sorry but he doesn't want to hurt me, he just can't deal with the thought us being together and one of getting hurt, even though he still cares about me. He's worried that what she did to him will always be stuck in his head that he wouldn't be able to give me him. I've told him that I would never hurt him. He said I would, that, that is all he's been handed with women. Yes it hurts terribly. We've told each other that we've thought of each other this whole time, wondering how the other was doing and all. And was wondering what a kiss would be like now between us as adults. Hurt! Very much. Cuz I would've never hurt him. Oh well. It is what it is I guess. That and we live like 5 hours aprt.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2012

• I think it would be best for you not to have a romantic involvement with this guy, a dream is a dream, but it also could be a sign that he is going to put you through heartache.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2012