Teething

My LO who is 7 mos is teething something terrible. We are using Tylenol and swabbing cholroseptic on her gums (baby oragel isn't working). She just now weighs enough for Motrin, but I haven't picked any up yet. Is there anything else I can try. I know about the frozen wash cloths, teether's and frozen sponges. I just at a loss. She will eat solids but doesn't want the sippy cup.

coala

Asked by coala at 8:01 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• by the way our sippy is pressure activated.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:02 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Try the paci's that you can put fruit in. try freezing a peach or her fav fruit
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Hylands teething tablets
    and try the Motrin and Tylenol if she is having a really hard time. We only give our son medication before bed... the rest of the day just things to chew on.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Have you let her gnaw on some zwieback toast? My dd LOVED those when she was teething, or the teething biscuits also. They can get kind of messy but it gives them some relief! Also they have those little mesh food holders you could put a frozen banana in or something for her to suck on. We used to also stick our dd's binkies in the freezer! And like a pp said, the teething tablets are great too! Good Luck!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Teething Tablets saves my sanity. They are great.
    KatieMomma2Chey

Answer by KatieMomma2Chey at 10:30 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• PLEASE don't use chloraseptic. It has benzocaine in it or something to numb....Its very dangerous if they get too much of this. Use a very soft toothbrush or even electric toothbrush to massage the gums and it helps the teeth pop thru much easier.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I heard that using orajel isn't good b/c it numbs the babies throats and that they stop breathing. There are articles about this. I bought some camilla from whole foodsand hopefully that will work when my baby starts teething.
    WorkingMom2009

Answer by WorkingMom2009 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Teething tablets! Tylenol and motrin never helped my ds, but as soon as I gave him teething tablets he went back to being my happy little cuddle bug.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• CAMILLA this is the best because it is not dangerous to your child and works great it was a life saver especially at night when no one could get any sleep I am still using it to this day. WORKS WONDERS you can pick it up at drugstores or walmart pharmacy costs about 16.95 plus tax, but you get a box of premeasured droppers. Good Luck!!!
    GaijesMom

Answer by GaijesMom at 10:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I am first time M om so I havent proven it yet wiht my own child cause I am only 8 weeks along...but I lived wiht my friends and their children and the one thing I did ften with both of their children was put on country music and hum and rock them it calmed them down and they would evetually fall to sleep
    JenniferQ24

Answer by JenniferQ24 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009